Adherence to APSCo code
As a Member of APSCo we undertake a core commitment to ethical and professional practice and do not:
- Without the work seeker’s permission, given as may be required by law, disclose the work seeker’s identity or other details:
i. to a Client; or
ii. Other than as required or permitted by law.
- Use information about a work seeker improperly:
i. for a purpose other than assisting the Work seeker to find work; or
ii. In a way that is contrary to the terms of the permission given by the Work seeker about the use of the information.
- Except as required or permitted by law, divulge or allow to be divulged any confidential Information of about a work seeker
APSCo administers Dispute Resolution Procedures that you may access if you consider that we have breached the APSCo. You may additionally make a complaint to the Privacy Commission in Australia.
For information subject to Australian law, the National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 (C’th) apply to Infinite Consulting.
- We will only collect information that is necessary for the proper performance of our tasks or functions.
- We do not collect or use personal information for the purposes of unlawful discrimination.
- We do not collect personal information just because we think it could be useful at some future stage if we have no present need for it.
- We do not use your personal information to carry out reference checks if there is no present requirement for them in connection with a job which you may be offered.
- We do not use your personal information to carry out reference checks merely for the purpose of establishing network contacts with your referees.
- We do not routinely conduct criminal history checks and only do so in order to obtain relevant criminal history with regard to particular jobs you are offered or for which you are shortlisted.
- If you only browse our website, we do not collect information that identifies you personally, though we may collect information related to your visit to our website.
We may disclose your personal information for any of the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related purpose where lawfully permitted.
We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a contractual or lawful duty of care to disclose information.
We do not share personal information about you with government agencies, organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
It is important that you understand that there are risks associated with use of the internet and you should take all appropriate steps to protect your personal information. Detailed information on privacy can be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
It is important that you:
- be careful what information you share on the Web
- use privacy tools on the site—control access to your search listing and profile
- make sure your anti-virus and data protection software is up-to-date.
Infinite Consulting is a licensed software user of the TRIS Recruitment CRM management database, which captures relevant personal information and documentation, for both candidates and clients. It captures and stores, but is not limited to, contracts, leave requests, electronic mail and sms messages.
Inquiries and complaints
You can make further inquiries or complaints about our privacy policies to our Privacy Co-coordinator on (02) 6257 8888.
Additional avenues for the lodgement of complaints are: